Tampa Bay Rays at New York Yankees odds, picks and prediction
The Tampa Bay Rays (5-8) and New York Yankees (5-7) open a three-game series at Yankee Stadium Friday. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET (MLB Network). Let's analyze BetMGM Sportsbook's lines around the Rays vs. Yankees odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Season series: Rays 2-1
Tampa Bay enters on a 3-game losing skid. The Rays fell 6-4 in 10 innings to the visiting Texas Rangers Thursday, wrapping up a 3-4 homestand, which started with taking two of three from the Yankees.
New York, which just lost two of three at the Toronto Blue Jays in Dunedin, Fla., enters on a 2-game skid. The Yankees had Thursday off.
RHP Michael Wacha is projected to start for the Rays. He is 0-1 with a 7.00 ERA, 1.78 WHIP, 11.0 K/9 and 5.0 BB/9 in 1 start and 1 relief appearance this season.
- Last outing: No-decision, 4 IP, 3 ER, 3 H, 3 BB, 5 K vs. Yankees Sunday in relief. Entered with a 2-0 lead to start the top of the 3rd inning and left after the 6th with the Rays in front 4-3 - they would eventually lose 8-4 in 10 innings
- Career vs. Yankees: 0-1, 5.85 ERA (20 IP, 13 ER) in 3 starts and Sunday's relief outing
RHP Nick Nelson is expected to make his first career start for the Yankees, taking the mound in an opener role. He has appeared in three games out of the bullpen this season, yielding 5 runs (4 earned) over 4 innings while striking out 8 and walking 1. He'll be followed by RHP Michael King, who was impressive in his one outing this season as he allowed just 1 hit and 1 walk with 3 K's in 6 scoreless innings of long relief vs. Toronto April 4.
- Nelson career vs. Rays (regular season): 0-0, 5.87 ERA (7 2/3 IP, 5 ER), including 4 ER in 1 2/3 IP this season
- King career vs. Rays (regular season): 0-1, 7.36 ERA (3 2/3 IP, 3 ER), 1 H, 5 BB in 1 start last season, a 5-3 road loss
- King 2021 spring training: 2-1, 6.61 ERA (16 1/3 IP, 12 ER) in 7 games, including 3 starts
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team's money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you'll get up to $600 in free bets.Bet now!
Rays at Yankees odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line : Rays +135 (bet $100 to win $135) | Yankees -160 (bet $160 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Rays +1.5 (-140) | Yankees -1.5 (+115)
- Over/Under : 9 (O: -120 | U: +100)
Rays 6, Yankees 5
Money line (ML)
TAMPA BAY ( +135) is the value play. The Rays are 10-3 in their last 13 regular-season meetings with the Yankees, going 8-2 last season and 2-1 so far this year. Tampa Bay also beat New York 3-2 in the best-of-5 ALDS in 2020.
PASS. Neither team can be trusted. Tampa Bay has been awful against the spread to start the season, while the Yankees are 5-7 ATS.
ATS records: Rays 3-10 | Yankees 5-7
OVER 9 (- 120) is the STRONGEST PLAY - 1½ times your usual wager - with this pitching matchup. Plus, the Rays bullpen ranks 28th in the majors with a 5.70 ERA.
O/U records: Rays 9-4 | Yankees 4-8
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
|2021 (all sports)|
- SP: Strongest plays; ROI: Return on investment
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.