With the clock approaching the four minute mark before halftime Booneville only led Dover 14-0. By the intermission it was 35-0, which was how the final regular season home game would end.

Matt Berry started went for four yards on the first play after a Dalton Haston punt with 7:40 to go in the half. By Berry’s standards Friday, that was a short effort. Berry would run six times for 101 yards on the night.

Bryson May and Cody Harrel got 27 yards apiece on back to back plays to move the ball to the Dover 20. Harrel had actually scored what would have been his second touchdown but a holding penalty wiped out the touchdown.

The next three plays were a 6-yard run by Harrel, a 3-yard loss by Berry and no gain by Josh Smith to bring up fourth-and-7.

Berry hit a seam on the left side and was in the end zone 17 yards later to give the Bearcats (8-0, 5-0) a 21-0 lead after Smith added the extra point.

Still, there was only 3:42 to play in the half.

With Dover (0-8, 0-5) facing third-and-9 at their 21 Bearcat head coach Scott Hyatt called a time out. When Luke Price was pressured by Justin Shackleford on the next play he threw the ball away and the Pirates were forced to punt.

Haston’s punt was downed on the Pirate 48-yard line with 2:11 left in the half. Smith got 10 then Berry scored his third touchdown and it was 28-0 with 1:57 left in the half.

Dover was at third down again with 52 seconds left in the half when the Bearcats took their a second time out.

After Price got a yard Hyatt took his last one and the Bearcats had the ball, after a punt, at their 46.

Berry went for 27 and after an incomplete pass Harrel got 7 to the Pirate 20. The clock went off as Harrel threw a bullet to Smith in the corner of the end zone and Smith kicked his fifth PAT for a 35-0 lead.

Because they had deferred their option until the second half, the Bearcats also got the ball to start the second half.

Two first downs later the Bearcats would turn the ball over on downs at the Dover 38 with 4:36 to go in the third quarter.

Benefiting from a defensive holding penalty the Pirates moved across midfield. Price then hit Chance Stines for 26 yards and Christian Ewing appeared headed for the end zone a play later but Cody Simpson knocked the ball loose and recovered it at the Bearcat 1.

At that point there were 46 seconds left in the third quarter but Dover wouldn’t get the ball back.

Sam Cooney barely avoided a safety on the final play of the quarter and, after the teams switched ends, James Ray got the ball out to the 5 and Cooney followed with a first down pickup.

Cooney picked up two more first downs and Jimmy Scott got another to get the Bearcats to the Pirate 42.

Darren Shaffer moved the chains on a third down then ripped off 27 yards to the Pirate 2 before Cooney, the third Bearcat quarterback on the night, took a knee twice to end it.

Disregarding the kneel downs, Cooney ran 9 times for 54 yards.

With the near coast to coast drive to end it the Bearcat ran for 401 yards on the night. Besides Berry and Cooney, Harrel finished with five carries for 73 yards and Smith had four for 60.

It was Harrel who got the Bearcats on the scoreboard first when he went 31 yards for a touchdown to cap just a two play drive after an interception by Berry.

A possession later the Bearcats went 74 yards to make it 14-0. Berry scored his first touchdown of the night on an 18-yard run with 11:28 left in the first half.

Dover had 40 yards of offense in the first quarter, but finished the night with only 103as the Bearcats had eight tackles for loss, including 3.5 by Michael Springs. Springs led the way with nine total tackles.

The Bearcats will hit the road on Friday to take on Pottsville. Unbeaten going into last Friday, the Apaches (7-1, 4-1) lost at Maumelle 29-18.