The Fort Smith Fire Department said a local Burger King was damaged in a fire Monday night.

Fort Smith Fire Marshal Carey “Hootie” St. Cyr said the incident happened between 6:30 and 7 p.m. at the Burger King at 5323 Rogers Ave. The hood above the grilling machine caught fire because of grease buildup.

St. Cyr estimated the restaurant sustained $7,000 to $10,000 in damage as a result of the incident. The damage was confined to the hood and flue systems. No injuries or fatalities were reported.