Emergency personnel were instructed to go to the Booneville Elementary School playground last Tuesday morning to tend to a child who had “passed out.”

“We’re not completely sure what happened he just became very hot and passed right out,” said April McClean, mother of the 11-year old fifth grade student, Michael. “Also, Norman Wilder was driving by and saw him lying on the pavement and responded very quickly.

“(Wilder) had to give him four sternum rubs to get him to come to. I’m very thankful our school has him as our SRO.”

Michael McClean was taken to Fort Smith after the incident. He was treated and later released. He was resting at home on Wednesday.

“I am very thankful to the BES staff and students who were so helpful. And for all the prayers,” said April McClean.