OZARK – Satisfaction rates and likelihood to recommend the experience to others exceed national averages among the student body at Arkansas Tech University-Ozark Campus according to a 2016 Noel-Levitz Adult Learner Inventory survey.
The survey found that 86 percent of Arkansas Tech-Ozark students surveyed described themselves as “satisfied” or “highly satisfied” with their experience at the institution. The nationwide average among two-year college campus students is 73 percent.
In the category of likelihood to recommend Arkansas Tech-Ozark to prospective students, 90 percent of respondents fell into the categories of “definitely yes” or “probably yes.” The national average at community colleges is 78 percent.
Approximately two of every three students surveyed answered that they would “definitely” recommend Arkansas Tech-Ozark to a peer.
“These survey results are a reflection of the efforts by our faculty and staff to create, maintain and enhance an environment where each student is supported in reaching his or her academic goals,” said Bruce Sikes, chancellor of Arkansas Tech-Ozark Campus. “It is heartening to know that those efforts are noticed and appreciated by our students. As more students experience the ATU-Ozark difference, the opportunity to expand our reach as a leader in career education grows.”
The survey of Arkansas Tech-Ozark students took place from March 29, through April 8, 2016. A total of 345 students voluntarily responded to the survey, which was e-mailed to all Arkansas Tech-Ozark students enrolled during the spring 2016 semester.
Respondents identified the following statements as top 10 in “high importance” and “high satisfaction” related to their experience at Arkansas Tech-Ozark:
* Administrators and staff are easy to talk to and responsive to my concerns.
* My studies are closely related to my life and work goals.
* I am able to obtain information I need by phone, fax, e-mail or online.
* This campus provides sufficient availability to computers so that I can do my classwork.
* I am encouraged to apply the classes I’ve taken towards a degree or certificate.
* Technology enables me to get the services I need when I need them.
* I feel safe and secure on the Ozark Campus because security measures are good.
* This campus makes it easy for me to pay my bills and answers any questions I have about my student account.
* Processes and procedures for enrolling here are convenient.
* The learning experiences within my program of study challenge me to reach beyond what I know already.
Visit www.atu.edu/ozark or call (479) 667-2117 to learn more about academic opportunities at Arkansas Tech-Ozark Campus.