There were no injuries to the half dozen occupants but an early morning fire completely destroyed a home at 2907 Highway 109 north of Magazine Tuesday.

A 911 call was placed about the fire at 3:37 a.m., to the Logan County Sheriff’s Office and the Driggs and Magazine fire departments responded, along with the Blue Mountain Fire Department.

Six people living in the home escaped the fire, which was fully engulfed when firemen arrived on the scene. Driggs was dispatched first, but that was of little consequence.

"That thing is right on the boundary line, but we both go," said Magazine Fire Chief Don Dickens. "It doesn’t matter, you go anyway."

According to statements made by residents and his observation, Magazine Assistant Fire Chief Wayne Corbitt said the fire is believed to have started in the center of the home, which was a rock structure with a metal roof.

Corbitt said the fact that the roof was covering shingles made it difficult to extinguish. Firemen were on the scene for over three hours but the home was still smoldering with small flames after daybreak.

The home is a rental property owned by Leroy Hurst of Booneville. The residents had lived in the home for less than a month.