"We are looking for some great art to be featured on a 7 3/4’ X 23’ section of wall inside the RWIL office. The mural will be a focal point for the new, Joe’s Internet Cafe," the 501 (c) 3 company said in a press release.
The artist can choose between two themes: 1. Computers and coffee. 2. The Future of the River Valley.
The art samples will be judged by a panel of community judges.
The grand prize winner will be required to paint the complete mural between Sept. 20 and Oct. 2, 2014. Additionally the winner will receive a new laptop.
The two runner’s up will have their art displayed for a limited time at RWIL.
Official guidelines are:
1. All original art samples are to be submitted on a poster board no larger the 16X20.
2. Entries are to include the artist’s name and phone number on the back of the submission.
3. The entries are to be dropped off at the RWIL Office before 5 p.m. on Sept. 15, 2014. The RWIL Office is at 165 Broadway, Booneville.
4. No school mascots or specific town reference will be accepted. RWIL serves the entire River Valley.
5. No copywrited characters ie: Disney, Warner Brothers, Anime.