Fire destroyed a residence on Highway 109 in Magazine Thursday night.

Lightning is believed to be the cause of the fire that began at about 6 p.m. and gutted the home. A neighbor reported a power outage occurred and that while the homeowner was looking for what might have caused the outage, another neighbor called the homeowner to tell him they saw smoke.

According to reports another resident at the home had to be carried out of the home but there were no injuries reported in the blaze.

The Magazine Fire Department left the scene but was forced to returned after nightfall because the fire restarted. Equipment and personnel were also on site after 1:30 a.m. Friday.