A Booneville man who was shot in November has been formally charged with theft by deception and breaking or entering for incidents that allegedly occurred a month prior to the shooting.

According to court documents, Anthony Dean Reno, 33, is accused of having forced the victim to give him over $1,000 through threats and the man told police Reno has broken into his home and tried on other occasions. He also provided text messages he purported to be from Reno in which the sender reportedly propositioned the man for sex.

Reno was hospitalized after he was shot on Nov. 13 at a Rhyne Avenue residence. Booneville Police Chief Al Brown said at the time Reno was struck with pellets from the blast of a No. 6 .410 guage shell while setting in a vehicle.

The man who is believed to have shot Reno was jailed and released on a $2,500 bond. He has not been formally charged as yet.

The chief also said Reno and the man have a history of confrontation to the point that paperwork to have Reno charged with threatening the man had been forwarded to the prosecuting attorney’s office.

In October of 2016 Reno had been charged with aggravated robbery of an 89-year old who he was accused of forcing to write him three checks, according to court documents.

In September of 2017, Reno plead guilty to a misdemeanor theft of property for which he was sentenced to 12 months in the county jail, all suspended, and ordered to pay court costs, fees and restitution.