The AARP is offering free tax assistance at the Booneville library again this year.
Tax assistance by IRS certified volunteers was offered starting on Feb. 6, on Mondays from 1 to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon and will be available through April 10.
The program is designed for those 50 and older who cannot afford paid tax preparation. AARP membership is not a requirement but everyone assisted will need a Social Security cart or ITIN card for every taxpayer, spouse and each dependent, as well as birthdays, a picture ID, proof of health insurance and a copy of your 2016 return.
Also needed will be
• W2 forms from each employer;
• Unemployment compensation statements;
• SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits;
• All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets;
• 1099-MISC showing any miscellaneous income;
• 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity;
• All forms indicating federal income tax paid;
• Dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number);
• All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions;
• 1095-A, B or C (Health Insurance Statement for each dependent or exemption letter).